Tuesday, April 10, 2012
Kourabiethes (Greek Shortbread Biscuits)
If you love buttery, melt in your mouth biscuits, you'll love these. They're so easy to make and your can substitute walnuts for roasted almonds.
1 cup icing sugar
500g unsalted butter, softened at room temperature
¼ cup brandy
1 cup oil (“Moro” extra light olive oil or Canola Oil or Sunflower oil)
3 cups self raising flour
3 cup plain flour
1 cup cornflour
1 ½ cups walnuts, chopped
1. Preheat oven 180oC. Line baking trays with baking paper.
2. Combine butter, oil, icing sugar and brandy in a large bowl and mix with electric mixer until light and very creamy. Mix for about 5 minutes.
3. Add self raising flour, plain flour, cornflour and walnuts.
4. Mix all together and bring together flatten on the bench.
5. Cut into crescent shape and bake in oven 180oC for 20 minutes or until brown underneath.
6. When cool, coat in icing sugar.