Please note I have updated recipe: Moist Chocolate Cake. I recommend you if you have previously copied this recipe and kept for your records, you need to copy and replace with the updated recipe. For updated recipe please search on this blog for : Moist Chocolate Cake (updated 27/2/14).
Thursday, February 27, 2014
Thursday, February 6, 2014
Here's a recipe to dish up quick and easy and ready to serve either hot or cold. Cooked in
2 tablespoons butter
1 cup “Angel Hair” noodles
1/4 cup pine nuts (optional)
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 large onion, finely chopped
3 cloves garlic
500g mince meat, lamb, beef or pork (lamb is traditional)
1 ½ cups Basmati rice, uncooked
1 tablespoon mixed spice
1 tablespoon “Vegeta” chicken stock powder
Optional: Carrots, juilienne or chopped (or any other chopped veggies)
4 ½ cups water, just boiled from the kettle
1. In a small frypan melt butter and add noodles. Keep stirring noodles around in butter in pan until browned. Remove from pan and set aside.
2. Add the pine nuts to the pan and stir until golden brown, be careful not to burn. Remove from heat and set aside.
3. In the 3 litre casserole add oil and onion and fry until onion is translucent (you can add the optional carrot now also). Add the mince meat and cook until brown.
4. Add the rice, mixed spice, Vegeta, pinenutes and noodles. Stir to combine all together.
5. Add the water.
6. Boil uncovered until absorbed then cover (vent closed) on low for 5 minutes or until rice is cooked.