This cake is so so "muddy" and delicious. It will keep for a few days and tastes even better a few days after it is baked. The coconut milk give it that distinct coconut flavour that makes this chocolate cake stand out from the rest.
(taken from AWW “Wicked Sweet Indulgences")
250g unsalted butter, chopped
1 tab instant coffee powder
1 2/3 cups (400ml) coconut milk
200g dark chocolate, chopped coarsely
2 cups (440g) caster sugar
¾ cup (110g) self raising flour
1 cup (150g) plain flour
¼ cup (25g) cocoa powder
2 teas vanilla essence
2 x 85g Cherry Ripe bars, chopped coarsely
Ganache Icing (Amira’s method)
¼ cup cream, extra
75 g dark chocolate, extra
75 g milk chocolate
1. Preheat oven to slow. Grease deep 22 cm round cake pan; line base and side with baking paper.
2. Melt butter in large saucepan; add coffee, coconut milk, chocolate and sugar. Stir over heat until chocolate melts and sugar dissolves; cool to room temperature.
3. Whisk in sifted dry ingredients, then eggs and essence; stir in half of the Cherry Ripe. Pour mixture into prepared pan. Top with remaining Cherry Ripe; bake in slow oven about 1 ¾ hours. Stand cake 10 minutes; turn, top side up, onto wire rack to cool.
4. Place cream in a small jug and microwave on high until boiling. Add dark (extra) and milk chocolate immediately into jug and allow to sit for 20 seconds. Stir chocolate through the cream until melted. Leave to sit for 10 minutes or until thick for spreading over cake and sides.
5. Decorate cake as desired.