Here is my pancake recipe. No need to use buttermilk, the secret is soured milk with either vinegar or lemon which will make these pancakes light and fluffy. ENJOY.
(Makes approx 12 x 10cm pancakes)
1 ¼ cups milk
2 teas vinegar
2 cups self raising flour
2 teas bi-carb soda
4 tab sugar
2 tab margarine (melted)
Olive oil for greasing/cooking
1. Pour milk into jug and add vinegar. Set aside for 2 minutes to sour.
2. Sift all dry ingredients together in a large bowl.
3. Add soured milk, eggs and margarine.
4. Beat with an electric handheld beater until just combined and smooth.
5. Heat a large frying pan over medium heat. Add a little oil (spread oil over the base of pan using a pastry brush).
6. When pan is hot, add a large ladle of the mixture, spreading to the sides.
7. When one side is cooked and bubbles have formed on the surface, flip over and cook for another 20 seconds.
8. Serve as you prefer. We like them with ricotta cheese, sliced strawberries and maple syrup.