Tuesday, May 4, 2010
You have to try and make this, it is so delicious to eat ! ENJOY.
** Inspired by the Australian Women's Weekly and Home Beautiful Magazine
250g plain flour
125g pure icing sugar, sifted
1 pinch of salt
180g unsalted butter, chilled and cubed
2 drops iced water
1. Place the plain flour, icing sugar and salt in a bowl and stir to combine. Using your fingertips, rub the butter through until the mixture resembles course breadcrumbs. You can use a food processor for this. Add the water and mix until the dough comes together in a ball. Shape the dough into a round, wrap in plastic wrap and chill for 30 minutes. Roll out onto a lightly-floured surface until 3mm thick.
2. Press into a greased or non-stick 23cm tart tin and prick the pastry with a fork. Place in the freezer for 30 minutes.
3. Preheat the oven to 200oC. Line the chilled pastry with baking paper and add baking weights or rice. Bake for 15 minutes, then remove the paper and weights. Bake for another 10 minutes, or until the pastry is golden and crisp.
1 tablespoon finely grated lemon rind
¾ cup (180ml) lemon juice
¾ cup (165g) caster sugar
½ cup (125ml) thickened cream
1. Whisk eggs, rind, juice, sugar and cream in a medium bowl. Leave to rest for ½ hour (if time allows).
2. Strain filling into cooked pastry shell.
3. Bake in preheated oven at 160oC for 30 – 35 mins.
4. Remove from oven and let rest until cooled to room temperature.
5. Place in fridge until set.
6. To serve, dust with icing sugar and serve with whipped cream.