Sunday, May 23, 2010
Almond Jam Cookies
Those of you who know Anthony, know that he loves to bake and here is an example of just that, he is an inspiration to me especially because he just gets on with it without striving for perfection! He made them this morning, they are so scrumptuous and are great with a cuppa, just the right size to have one, no hang on...one's just not enough!
Inspired by Australian Women's Weekly "Home Baked"
185g unsalted butter, soften and chopped
1 teas vanilla essence
3/4 cup caster sugar
2 egg yolks
1/2 cup almond meal
1 1/2 cups plain flour
1/2 teas baking power
4 tablespoons strawberry jam, approximately
1. Preheat oven to 180oC (170oC fan forced).
2. Beat butter, vanilla essence, sugar and egg yolks in medium bowl with electric mixer until just combined.
3. Stir in almond meal, flour and baking powder; mix well. Roll level tablespoons of mixture into balls; place about 5 cm apart on baking paper lined oven tray.
4. With the back of a teaspoon press a hollow into each ball about 1cm deep and 1.5cm wide.
5. Carefully spoon a little strawberry jam into the hollow of each ball.
6. Bake at 180oC oven about 20 minutes or until cookies are browned lightly; cool on trays. Store in air tight container. Makes about 30.