Sunday, December 4, 2016
Amira's Muesli Bars
2 cups toasted muesli (I used "Carmen's" brand see photo)
1/4 cup brown sugar
1/8 cup plain flour, sifted
1 teas bicarb soda
1 teas baking powder
A handful each of any dried fruit, nuts and seeds you like, all chopped with a knife except the small ones. I used:
(3/4 cup dark chocolate, chopped - optional)
1. Preheat oven to 170oC (fan forced)
2. Grease and line baking tray (21cm x 31 cm) with baking paper.
3. Put all the ingredients except the eggs in a large bowl and mix well together.
4. Beat eggs well for a few minutes until very foamy.
5. Mix beaten eggs with muesli/dried fruit mixture stirring well to ensure the mixture is well covered with eggs.
6. Pour muesli/dried fruit mixture into prepared pan and bake at 170oC for 35 - 40 minutes or until top is dark brown.
7. Remove from oven and allow to cool for 5 minutes before removing the slice and baking paper onto a wire rack to cool completely.
8. Once cooled completely slice into bars.