Makes 23cm round cake
2/3 cup vegi oil
1 cup brown sugar
3 cups grated carrot (about 3 carrots)
2 cups self raising flour, sifted
2 teaspoon bicarb soda
1 cup chopped walnuts (optional)
2 teaspoon cinnamon
2 teaspoon vanilla essence
1. Set oven at 170oC (fan forced)
2. Combine together oil, eggs, sugar
3. Add all other ingredients and mix well
4. Pour into greased pan and bake at 170oC for 45 mins or until cooked.
5. When cooked let sit for 5 minutes before removing from pans and allowing to cool on cake rack.
6. When cool dust with icing sugar and serve.
Top with the following philly icing:
2 cups soft icing sugar, sifted
2 tab lite philly cheese
zest of 1 lemon
2 teas lemon juice
Mix all the topping ingredients together until smooth.
AND for an extra topping as in picture a mixture of:
Chopped apricots, pumpkin seeds, currents, desiccated or shredded coconut