Thursday, March 1, 2012
Almond Jam Cookies
Here is a lovely cookie to have with tea or coffee. Perfect for when friends drop by. This recipe has been posted before, but I just had to include it again.
(Inspired by the recipe from The Australian Women’s Weekly “Home Baked” page 109)
185g butter, softened, chopped
1 teas vanilla extract
¾ cup (165g) caster sugar
2 egg yolks
½ cup (60g) almond meal
1 ½ cups (225g) plain flour
½ teas baking powder
4 tab strawberry jam, approx
1. Preheat oven to 180oC.
2. Beat butter, extract, sugar and egg yolks in medium bowl with electric mixer until just combined.
3. Stir in almond meal, flour and baking powder; mix well. Roll tablespoons (25g) of mixture into balls, place about 5 cm apart on lined baking tray.
4. Flatten slightly with your hands. Press a hollow into each ball about 1 cm deep and 1.5cm wide using the handle of a lightly floured wooden spoon.
5. Carefully spoon a little strawberry jam into the hole.
6. Bake in oven 180oC for 15 minutes or until slightly browned. Cool on trays.