Here's a fat free Fruit and Nut Slice and it can also be gluten free when you replace the plain flour with rice flour ! A must to enjoy, it's so yummy, doesn't taste fat free at all !
1/3 cup plain flour, sifted
½ teas baking soda, sifted
½ teas baking powder, sifted
1/3 cup brown sugar
1 ½ cups mixed nuts, eg walnuts, pecans, hazelnuts or almonds, chopped
½ cup dried cherries or cranberries or mixture of both
1 ½ cups dates, figs, and/or prunes, chopped
1 cup dried apricots, cut into bit size pieces
½ teas vanilla essence
1. Preheat oven to 180oC and line small lamington tin with baking paper.
2. In a large bowl mix flour, baking soda, baking powder, brown sugar, nuts and dried fruit.
3. In another bowl beat eggs, using electric beater, until fluffy and volumeous.
4. Press into lined pan and baking at 180oC for 30 mins.
5. Remove from oven and allow to sit on bench for 10 minutes. Invert to cooling rack, remove baking paper and allow to call completely before cutting to required size.
GLUTEN FREE VERSION:
Replace plain flour with rice flour