Sunday, September 5, 2010
What a lovely treat on a cold night, warm and just out of the oven. All you need to serve with these is a spread of butter. They are even nice the next day at room temperature and why not have them for breakfast yummy !
1 cup cold mashed pumpkin
2 – 3 cups self-raising flour
½ cup Castor Sugar
1 tablespoon butter or margarine
1. Preheat oven 180oC. Butter and flour a small cake pan.
2. Beat butter and sugar until creamy and then add egg.
3. Add pumpkin and flour and mix by hand.
4. Place dough onto floured surface and knead slightly into a round disk about7mm thick. Cut round shapes and place onto cakepan.
5. Bake at 180oC for 15 – 20 minutes until cooked.
6. Enjoy hot from the oven with a spread of butter.