Makes 1 loaf (9cm x 18.5cm) plus 4 medium size muffins
2/3 cups sunflower oil
2 tablespoons honey
2 teas orange essence
2 teas vanilla extract
3 cups carrots, grated (about 3 medium carrots)
2 cups wholemeal self raising flour, sifted
1 teaspoon bicarb soda, sifted coconut
4 tablespoons coconut, desiccated
1 teas cinnamon
1 cup walnuts, crushed
½ cup sultanas
1. Set oven temperature 180oC.
2. Combine together oil, honey, eggs, whisk with a balloon whisk.
3. Add all other ingredients and mix well, do not over mix.
4. Pour into greased and lined loaf pan (9cm x 18.5cm) and the rest in 4 muffins pans and bake at 180oC for 40 minutes (loaf) and 20 minutes (muffins).
5. When cooked let sit for 5 minutes before removing from pan and allowing to cool on cake rake.
NOTE - to make with sugar:
If you would like to make it with sugar, omit the honey and add 1 cup brown sugar - so yummy.