Here is my version of Sushi, so glad I can share the recipe with you.
2 large mugs of short grain rice, uncooked
Drizzle of sushi seasoning or rice vinegar
10 nori sheets
1 cup “kewpie” mayo
2 small cucumbers, sliced thinly long ways
1 large carrot, sliced thinly long ways
100g approx smoked salmon, cut into thin strips or 400g cooked prawns (small) or tuna
1. Place uncooked rice in large saucepan and rice a couple of times under cold running water. Drain.
2. Add 4 large mugs of boiling water and boil on medium heat until all the water in evaporated approx 20 minutes.
3. Cover saucepan with the lid and reduce the heat to low. Continue to cook for and extra 5 minutes. Switch off heat and allow to rest for about 1 hour.
4. After 1 hour, drizzle with sushi seasoning and stir to combine. Taste and add more seasoning if needed. Spread the rice on a large tray to cool off. Once rice is completely cool start making the sushi.
5. Place 1 nori sheet on the sushi rolling mat. Spread a thin layer of rice on the nori sheet leave ½ cm edge on one side. On top of the rice and in the middle spread a thin layer of kewpie from one side of the nori to the other. Top with thin strips of carrot and cucumber and then thin strips of smoked salmon.
6. Using your finger dab a little water across the ½ cm exposed edge of nori.
7. Using the rolling mat as a guide and starting from one long end, begin rolling the nori sheet encasing the filling and rolling to the other end. This creates one sushi
8. Cut the sushi in half or smaller slices. You’re done ! How easy was that.
9. Serve with soya sauce, yum !.
10. This would make 20 halves.