2 cups and a little handful of Self Raising Flour
2 teas Bicarbonate of Soda
1 teas Cinnamon
1 cup Sugar
1 cup Coconut
¾ cup Walnuts, crushed
½ cup Sultanas
3 large ripe Bananas
½ cup Milk, full cream
½ cup Vegetable or Canola Oil
1. Preheat oven at 180oC (170oC fan forced). Grease a large fluted ring pan and set aside.
2. In a large bowl sift flour and bicarbonate of soda, add cinnamon, sugar, coconut, walnuts and sultanas. Stir to combine and set aside.
3. In a small bowl, mash the bananas with a fork until soft, add the milk and mix together with a fork until combined. Pour this banana mixture into the flour mixture. Do not mix at this stage.
4. In another small bowl, beat eggs with a fork, add oil and beat again with a fork. Add this egg mixture to the flour/banana mixture.
5. Stir the whole mixture with a wooden spoon until just combined, do not over mix.
6. Pour the mixture into the fluted ring pan and bake for 40 minutes.
7. Remove from oven, allow to sit for 5 minutes before removing from pan.
8. Ice with lemon icing (optional and below).
1 cup Pure Icing Sugar
1 teas margarine or unsalted butter
Juice of approx ½ lemon or ½ orange
Pour boiling water in sink. Place small bowl on water to allow the bowl to heat up. In the bowl add sifted icing sugar, add margarine, squashing it against the side of bowl to soften and stir through. Slowly add juice as needed to form a soft spreadable consistency. Pour icing over cooled cake.