Makes 12 medium size cupcakes
1 1/2 cups self raising flour, sifted
3/4 cups caster sugar
1/2 cup milk
1 teas vanilla essence
2 eggs, lightly beaten
1. Preheat oven 180oC.
2. Line cupcake pans with paper cases.
3. In a large bowl, mix together flour and sugar until combined.
4. Add milk, vanilla essence, eggs and margarine. Mix with electric mixer until well combined.
5. Fill cupcake mixture in paper cases 3/4 full.
6. Bake at 180oC for 20 minutes or until cooked when a skewer comes out clean.
Philly or Butter Icing
1 cup icing mixture or pure icing, sifted
1 tab philly cheese or 1 tab margarine
dash of milk, keep adding bit by bit for a smooth consistency
tiny bit of pink or red food colouring
2 drops strawberry essence
Place all icing ingredients in bowl and beat with electric mixture or round spoon until smooth.