Cream Dream Cupcakes




Hi everyone - I found this recipe in the Country Women's Association Cakes Cookbook that I borrowed from the library a few days ago. Everytime I go to the library, that's all I seem to borrow Cookbooks! But I learn so so much and am inspired everytime. Well I just had to make these cupcakes. I always make cupcakes with butter and milk BUT this recipe calls for just CREAM ! They were sensational, fluffy and light and with the addition of the strawberry icing, the best my family have tasted. Grab one now or just come by sometime for a cuppa and I'll make them again.

** Cupcakes inspired by Country Women’s Association Cakes Cookbook

Makes 12 Large Cupcakes

2 eggs
1 cup sugar
1 cup cream
1 ½ cups self raising flour, sifted
1 teas vanilla essence

With the K beater on the Kenwood, beat eggs and sugar on medium speed until double in volume and creamy about 2 minutes. Pour in the cream, vanilla essence and flour.

Fill cupcake cases ¾ full. Bake at 200oC (fan forced) for 20 minutes or until golden. Turn around at half time. Switch off oven and leave in oven to cool slightly with oven door ajar.

Amira’s Strawberry Icing

Icing will cover 8 cupcakes

2 tab margarine (“Meadow Lea”)
1 ½ cups pure Icing Sugar, sifted
2 teas milk
2 drops of strawberry oil (from cake decorating shops)
Red food colouring or Red food paste

Place margarine and icing sugar in a small bowl and beat with a handheld electric beater until it all comes together. Add milk and beat again. Add red colouring and strawberry oil. Continue to beat until the icing becomes creamy and fluffy, adding a tiny more milk if required. Be very careful not to add too much milk or else the icing will be too soft to pipe.

Comments

Popular Posts