Saturday, April 3, 2010
Here is a treat for breakfast with a cuppa or morning tea to share with friends. I made these on Good Friday morning for my family, they were so yummy straight from the oven, the blueberries were soft and just like jam. Hope you enjoy them.
*Inspired by "Good Taste Magazine" October 1997
300g (2 cups) plain flour
1 tbs baking powder
2 tsp ground cinnamon
150g brown sugar
300g frozen or fresh blueberries
125g butter or margarine, melted, cooled
2 eggs, lightly whisked
¾ cup yogurt
1. Preheat oven to 180oC. Line your muffin pan with non-stick paper pans.
2. Sift the plain flour, baking powder and cinnamon together into a large bowl. Stir in the brown sugar and blueberries.
3. Whisk together the butter or margarine, eggs and yogurt until well combined.
4. Add the yogurt mixture to the flour mixture and stir until just combined.
5. Spoon the mixture evenly into muffin pans.
6. Bake the muffins in preheated oven for 20 minutes or until golden and cooked through. When cooked remove from oven and stand for 2 – 3minutes before turning onto a wire rack.